Pregnancy may seem like the perfect time to sit back and relax. You may feel more tired than usual, your back may ache, and your ankles may be swollen. But guess what? There’s more to pregnancy and exercise than skipping it entirely. Unless you’re experiencing serious complications, sitting around won’t help. In fact, pregnancy can be a great time to get active — even if you haven’t exercised in a while.
Why exercise during pregnancy?
During pregnancy, exercise can:
- Ease or prevent back pain and other discomforts
- Boost your energy level
- Prevent excess weight gain
- Reduce the risk of gestational diabetes, pregnancy-related high blood pressure and postpartum depression
- Increase stamina and muscle strength, which helps you prepare for labor
- for the rest of the article click here http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/pregnancy-and-exercise/PR00096