Training for the Jon’s 5k Run/Stroll will begin Saturday March 5th. This is a great race with a wonderful cause, benefiting the Any Baby Can Center for Infant and Child Loss. The training program is designed for all levels and we invite everyone to join! Stroller Strides Ready to Run Program includes mommy related running topics you will not find in other programs. We focus on topics such as proper stroller pushing position and post natal postures. Our Trainers are also moms with over 20 yrs coaching experience, 20 Marathons and 60 Half Marathons combined. This is one of the only training programs to allow strollers. We will only cancel for extreme weather, a weather cover is recommended.
- Training Sessions will be offered on Saturdays and Wednesdays. You may choose to participate in one training session per week or two.
- Saturday Classes begin March 5th and Wednesday Classes begin March 9th.
- If you choose the one training per week option, you will recieve 10 classes to use at either the Saturday or Wednesday class, you are not obligated to attend the specific class you signed up for.
- One Training Session per week is $100 for members and $125 for non-members.
Two Training Sessions per week is $170 for members and $200 for non-members.
- The cost of the classes can be deducted in as many as three payments.
- The cost of class does not include the registration fee for the race. The run is $20 Individual; $15 Team and Team Captain; $10 Kid’s Run (before April 25th)
- Jon’s 5k Run/Stroll is on May7th at Brackenridge Park
- The first class will last about 35 minutes, class time will increase as the running distance increases.
- This class is geared to all levels. We begin with a running/walking interval and plan on having one instructor and one assistant in each class to allow us to cater to each fitness level. If your goal is beating your personal record, this class is for you too.
- Husbands are always welcome to participate in the program, they would pay the non-strollerstrides fee.
- Our next run for the training program is the Dry Comal Creek Winery 5miler on Labor Day. Training will begin July 9th and then continue for our final run of the year which is the San Antonio Rock n’ Roll half marathon. There will be the option to participate in either race individually or a discount will be given for those choosing to participate in both. We just ask that you be able to run about 4 miles if you choose to only participate in the half marathon training.
You can find more information on Meet Up or you can contact me at email@example.com or 800-279-7430