Exercise of the Week: Plank Thrusts-This advanced versionof a plank puts it together with the concept of a “burpee”.It is advanced and needs to be taught with modifications.Begin in a tuck position and jump or walk the legs outinto a plank. Jump or walk the feet back to a tuckand walk or jump the feet out to one side, returnback to tuckand repeat to the other side.
Click Here to watch a video of this exercise!CUES:
- Keep core engaged throughout to avoid a hyper extended back
- Hop legs to each side like creating a T in the movement.
- Keep the elbows soft/slightly bent
- If form is being comprimised, slow this movement down
- To make this less intense, take out the jump and walk the legs instead.